Learn More About Becoming a Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Vendor
Supplier Diversity Program
The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Supplier Diversity Program encourages competition in our procurement process, and promotes economic health in the communities we serve.
To support the growth of diverse business enterprises, the Supplier Diversity Program emphasizes the following practices:
- Inclusion—Developing policies that infuse supplier diversity into all stages of the procurement process. For example, at least one diverse business must compete in all bids or request for proposals (RFPs), where available.
- Strategic Sourcing—Identifying certified Minority-owned, Women-owned, Veteran-owned, LGBT-owned or small businesses and verifying that they have the experience and expertise to satisfy our business needs.
- Business Development—Providing mentorship programs and scholarships to help diverse businesses improve and enhance the skills necessary to drive their success and effectively compete for contracts with large corporations.
- Tier 2—Encouraging our network of consultants, contractors, and suppliers to make good faith efforts to subcontract with certified Minority-owned, Women-owned, Veteran-owned, or LGBT-owned businesses.
In order to be eligible for our program, suppliers must provide proof of certification from the following organizations or their regional affiliates:
- Greater New England Minority Supplier Diversity Council (GNEMSDC)
- National Minority Supplier Diversity Council, Inc. (NMSDC)
- Center for Women & Enterprise (CWE)
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Supplier Diversity Office (SDO)
- Center of Verification & Evaluation (CVE)
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Ready to take the next step? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org