In every sector of the economy, consumers' expectations for simplicity, value, and personalized service have never been greater. So, as we pursue our commitment to making high-quality health care more affordable, we constantly ask ourselves:
What do consumers expect a health plan to do well?
What can we at Blue Cross do even better?
To find the answers, we look to the individuals and companies that have chosen Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts for their health care services, and here's what they tell us: They expect health plans to deliver access to high-quality care and to play an active role in making health care services more affordable. They want health plans that are easier to understand and simpler to use, and they want to know what they're paying for and how much they'll need to spend before they get care. They want expert guidance on how to improve their overall well-being, and they expect to be rewarded for choosing high-quality, lower-cost care and healthier lifestyles.
Well, as the theme of this year’s annual report says: “We’re with you.” Here are some examples:
- We’ve introduced easy-to-use tools and resources that put information about benefits, costs, and quality at our members’ fingertips so they can be "smart shoppers" when they have a choice of care options.
- We offer rewards and incentives that encourage members to commit to a healthier lifestyle and make day-to-day progress in meeting their goals.
- We're working with new business partners to help our members with chronic conditions maintain and improve their health at all stages of their lives.
- We’re using our experience and expertise to help tackle complex health care issues like opioid use disorder and end-of-life care.
- We’re collaborating with scores of nonprofit community partners to help underserved individuals and families throughout Massachusetts lead healthy lives.
As we mark our 80th year in business as a not-for-profit company, we're building on a long tradition of putting our members first. The answer to the question, "What can Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts do better?" has always been about outstanding customer service, the peace of mind that comes with the Blue Card, our wide selection of benefit plans, and our support for the communities where our members live and work. In 2018 and beyond, we'll continue to take the lead in developing and offering the best possible health care experience for our members and employer customers.
With thanks and best wishes,
President & CEO
Share This Article