"As a local, mission-driven, not-for-profit health plan, we regard our community as our shareholder. We are proud to say returns are strong."
President & CEO
Advancements that Matter
In our Communities
We foster new solutions to community health challenges through accelerator grants and capacity-building workshops for nonprofits in our Healthy Living Network.
Year in Review
Associates in Action
We are committed to giving our employees opportunities to develop and advance their careers within Blue Cross. Our internal career fair gives them an opportunity to talk with leaders in multiple departments about open positions and their transferable skills.
Celebrating Community Service
Analyst Anne Palmer (right) received our annual Excellence in Service Award for her volunteering and fundraising work on behalf of Dana Farber Institute and RFK Children’s Action Corp in 2018. In honor of her achievement, she was asked to throw out the ceremonial first pitch for a Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park.
Preparing the Next Generation
Each summer, Blue Cross hosts high school, college and graduate student interns in departments across the company. In addition to gaining valuable work experience, interns can receive training in areas including public speaking, work/life balance, and diversity and inclusion.
More than a third of our employees participate in one of our company’s eight employee resource groups – Asian Blue Community, AZULatinx, Black Professionals Network, Blue Pride, Empowering Abilities, Veterans ERG, Women’s Inclusion Network and Young Professionals Network. ERGs contribute to a more inclusive work environment and strengthen our connection to the diverse communities we serve.
Our Members & Accounts
Service and Operations
Where Premium Dollars Go
Diversity and Inclusion
- Boston Business Journal – Top 10 Charitable Contributor in Massachusetts
- ClearMark Awards – Three Plain Language Awards
- Color Magazine’s All-Inclusive Awards – Supplier Diversity Award
- Digital Health Awards – Silver Award for MyBlue Member App
- eHealthcare Leadership – Platinum Award for Mobile Strategy
- Forbes – Top 500 mid-size companies
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation – Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality
- Get Konnected – Changing Equity Ideas
- MBA Diversity magazine – 50 Best Places to Work for Women and Diverse Managers
- Mogul - Top 100 Innovators in Diversity & Inclusion
- National Business Group on Health - Silver award as a best employer for healthy lifestyles
- US News & World Report – Best Medicare Advantage plan and Medicare Part D plan in the Nation
- Worcester Business Journal – Best Employee Services
- Worcester Business Journal – Best Health Insurance Provider
- Worksite Wellness Council of Massachusetts – WorkWell Massachusetts Award
Watch this space for our 2018 Audited Financial Reports and 2018 Combined Balance Sheets and Income Statements due to be completed in May.
Top row (left to right): Richard Lynch, Andrew Dreyfus, Bruce Nash; Second row (left to right): Jay McQuaide, Sue Sgroi; Third row (left to right): Stephanie Lovell, Pat Gilligan; Front row (left to right): Andreana Santangelo, Sukanya Soderland
Standing (left to right): Manuel Lopes, Donald Stern, Frank Callahan, Dorothy Puhy, Timothy Sweeney, Benaree Wiley, Robert Meenan, M.D., George Alcott, III; Seated (left to right): Martin Meehan, Phyllis Yale, Andrew Dreyfus, Marcy Reed, Corey Thomas