The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Supplier Diversity Program encourages competition in our procurement process, and promotes economic health in the communities we serve.
To support the growth of diverse business enterprises, the Supplier Diversity Program emphasizes the following practices:
- Inclusion—Developing policies that infuse supplier diversity into all stages of the procurement process. For example, at least one diverse business must compete in all bids or request for proposals (RFPs).
- Strategic Sourcing—Identify certified Minority, Women, Veteran, or LGBT-owned businesses and verifying that they have the experience and expertise to satisfy our business needs.
- Business Development—Providing minority and women-owned businesses access to mentors and consultants skilled at positioning small companies to effectively compete for contracts with large corporations.
- Tier 2—Encouraging our network of consultants, contactors, and suppliers to make good faith efforts to subcontract certified Minority, Women, Veteran, or LGBT-owned businesses.
In order to be eligible for our program suppliers must provide proof of certification from the following organizations and their regional affiliates:
- Greater New England Minority Supplier Diversity Council (GNEMSDC)
- National Minority Supplier Diversity Council, Inc. (NMSDC)
- Center for Women & Enterprise (CWE)
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- Supplier Diversity Office (SDO)
- Center of Verification & Evaluation (CVE)
- National Veteran Business Development Council (NVBDC)
- National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)